Re: COVID-19 Update April 15, 2020
Rygiel is entrusted with the responsibility of supporting more than 200 individuals. Their safety and wellbeing and that of their loved ones and all our staff are of utmost importance. We are grateful that we do not have any reported cases in the agency to date and work hard to help maintain this status.
We have been monitoring the communications and developments of this novel virus and taking precautionary measures. Safety measures are updated daily.
The following measures are in place:
- All Community Participation Programs are suspended
- All respite services are suspended
- There are to be no visitors to any of the agency premises except for essential services (e.g.: health care professional)
- There are no outings except for walks as per guidance to staff (only with roommates and staff)
- All staff and people supported are regularly screened and action taken if there is any indication of exposure or potential illness or if anyone in their personal homes has been advised to self-isolate by a health care professional.
- All in person meetings and training events are postponed.
- There are regular directives to staff regarding precautionary measures. These are updated based on the current directives or advice from government and Public Health authorities. Any changes are sent to each staff directly and posted on our internal staff website.Our Administration staff are rotating days in the office and days working remotely. This is to reduce the number of people at that site at one time. All are available through normal means (calling the agency, email the person directly).
Our Senior Management Team now meet three times per week and more frequently if needed, to review matters and make changes as needed. Our Coordinator Team is working closely with each of their homes to support the needs of both individuals in service and our Support Staff. We are committed to updating our plans to be as responsive as we can to those we serve, our valued staff and the broader community.
All business practices are continuing.
For more information on COVID-19, we encourage you to stay informed by regularly visiting the Hamilton Region Public Health website at www.hamilton.ca/public-health
PROPER HANDWASHING AND SOCIAL DISTANCING REMAIN THE BEST DEFENSE.
We are regularly reviewing the information from the World Health Organization, Public Health and other relevant sources and updating our precautionary measures and emergency preparedness plans as warranted.
Any specific questions or inquiries can be sent to the Executive Director email@example.com or families are encouraged to contact your family member’s Service Coordinator.
Spring Fundraising Event
Our Pasta Dinner fundraiser scheduled for April 22, 2020 has been postponed until September 23, 2020.
For more information please visit: 12th-Annual-Rygiel-Golf-Tournament
Our Story – Their Future
RYGIEL Supports for Community Living provides support to people who have a developmental disability and other handicapping conditions. The services provided are determined by each person’s individual needs and these services will enhance the opportunity for the person to be a fulfilled, participatory member of his/her community. Each person we serve is supported by family, friends and staff to describe their lifestyle dreams and the needs they have. A process known as a Personal Lifestyle Plan is then developed and clear goals are identified. It is our job to help the person, through appropriate assistance, address their needs and work towards realizing the goals. The Agency’s Vision and Mission provide us with a clear direction for our endeavours undertaken on behalf of the people we serve. We continue to provide a variety of supports to people. This may be twenty-four hour accommodation support, semi-independent living support, ongoing short-term assistance through various respite programs, family in-home support, assistance to families with special services at-home contracts, individualized funding contracts, as well as providing support to people in work, volunteer, business, leisure and recreational endeavours. This integrated model of service is driven by the individual’s desires, dreams and needs and carries the potential for a fulfilled life.