Hamilton Family Engagement Initiative
March 23, 2017 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
220 Cranbrook Drive, Hamilton, Ontario
Click to view the HFE March 23, 2017 flyer
Save the Date for Rygiel’s Springtacular
50th Anniversary Gala
with special guest Michael “Pinball” Clemons:
Vice Chair of Toronto Argonauts.
May 10th, 2017 at Michelangelo’s.
Click Save the Date for more information.
“Every person we support will have a full and meaningful life, which means having a home, relationships of all kinds, and a variety of socially valued roles.”
“Rygiel Supports for Community Living serves people who have a developmental disability and multiple handicaps. The services are determined by a person’s individual needs and are designed to enable each person to be a fulfilled participatory member of the community.”
- has inherent worth and deserves to be respected and treated with dignity.
- deserves to live in peace in a safe, secure and nurturing environment.
- is enhanced by relationships with family and both with formal and informal personal networks.
- is entitled to have committed allies who will advocate for and sometimes act on the individual’s behalf.
- can contribute to make decisions and these decisions should be respected. The person deserves to be assisted and supported in exercising this right.
- deserves individualized service, which responds to their changing needs over time.
RYGIEL Supports for Community Living provides support to people who have a developmental disability and other handicapping conditions. The services provided are determined by each person’s individual needs and these services will enhance the opportunity for the person to be a fulfilled, participatory member of his/her community. Each person we serve is supported by family, friends and staff to describe their lifestyle dreams and the needs they have. A process known as a Personal Lifestyle Plan is then developed and clear goals are identified. It is our job to help the person, through appropriate assistance, address their needs and work towards realizing the goals. The Agency’s Vision and Mission provide us with a clear direction for our endeavours undertaken on behalf of the people we serve. We continue to provide a variety of supports to people. This may be twenty-four hour accommodation support, semi-independent living support, ongoing short-term assistance through various respite programs, family in-home support, assistance to families with special services at-home contracts, individualized funding contracts, as well as providing support to people in work, volunteer, business, leisure and recreational endeavours. This integrated model of service is driven by the individual’s desires, dreams and needs and carries the potential for a fulfilled life.